Wednesday, July 2, 2014

80's Pop Psychology and Bunnies!

You're gonna need a bowl, hope you like it!
I post picture blogs, thats just how I roll. This is a photo my dad took in Germany in the 70's.

What the hell (I say "hell" instead of "heck" because today, I'm being me) does this have to do with 80's pop psychology and bunnies? Everything, since that's me on the right. What it means is, I survived an era of "pop" psychology... besides it's an epic black and white photo that leads me back to the beginning. Oh the words... watch out here they come, I'll try not to bore you! (or me, hehe)

So, I will lead you down a road in the early days that explains why I now have bunnies and why I document every step of the process.

"I graduated a year ahead of my class!" Doesn't that sound nerdy!? 

I also ran away from home my junior year of high school. That explains a lot.

The bottom line is, I ran away from home in my junior year of high school to a state that was below the standards of the state I left from... huh, graduate early. 

The geeky human in me was pretty traumatized and had nightmares of never remembering my locker combination and failing ever test. 

The human in me raised my kids with science and later to operate a hobby farm. Whoa!

I dreamed of a BIO degree and have more chemistry classes than I need. 

Fast forward to now... I do my own fecals, build my own fences and study my animal's behavior because it fascinates me. I also, document everything!!
Welcome, Crimson and Clover! That's right... part of growing up with hippie parents. Crimson and Clover just moved from Seattle to Deming, Washington... and yet they chill... while I photograph them. 
They also frolic. How do they know when to chill and when to frolic? 

This morning (this is the part where I'm documenting everything) I started with a cloak and coffee. Pssh, analyze that, 80's psychologists!! Haha

Okay, I'm also a photography geek and I'm attempting to make a statement of my... er, ME! A picture, Peeps, a thousand words.

The scientist and animal behaviorist is wondering how many bunnies it will take to wipe out the vegetation in this paddock? And, how many bunnies is optimal at supporting the system?
This is a picture of a cute barn finished and a not so cute barn... unfinished. Really, sometimes its just about art, People!
So, when the sun changes that changes the mood, right? I failed at capturing the shadows of the middle stump (which one is the freaking middle stump? geez). Sometimes, the realism in me retards the artist. And sometimes the obsessive compulsive person in me... well, obsesses over the unfinished shack instead of the pleasing view. Try, try again.

Why I'm fascinated by a burned out stump is for the 80's quack.

The fact that there are three old stumps in this photo is interesting. The first two stumps were burned by the previous owners in attempt to rid their house hold garbage as well as a cut tree.

The farthest stump was logged with a cross cut during the turn of the century for profit.

Ya, think about that.

I usually frame a photo without my shadow in it... it's just tacky. Today, I left me in it.

I was aiming at the old chicken pop doors. I was confounded by whether to leave them or camouflage them. Huh ya, that's an obvious one, Dr. Know! Moving on... 

It occurred to me that if I framed the pop doors with wire on the inside I could control the amount of airflow on a hot day and warmth on a cold day, you know, the normal thoughts of the average person. Science/Psychology.

Yesterday, being a very hot day in the northwest, was the eye opener. No brainer.

Once, the pop doors were used to let the chickens out and now they let the air and the views to the world in. Crimson and Clover look out them most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment