Monday, December 30, 2013

The Ikea Experience!

So, I've been drooling over a particular shelving unit from Ikea ever since "The Hippie Store" (aka- Crossroads Grocery Store) purchased one for displays. Finally, the big day comes to drive to Renton and pick up the unit. I had no idea what Ikea was all about and was expecting some store similar to Target or Costco... I was wrong. 

First, the parking was situated all around this giant warehouse like building (unless you want to pay for covered parking, nope) and all the little cars, trucks, SUV's and mini-vans circled like vultures for an available space. I found one and its a good thing I hike for a living.

Second, finding the entrance required a GPS and geocaching skills. Found it.

Third, there was a concierge in the foyer, nuf said. I approach her and explain that I have no idea what I'm doing but, I know exactly what I want. She leads me to a touch screen kiosk, starts poking away, hands me a piece of paper and pencil and says "Right this down! Isle 1, bin 39 and number bla bla bla." "How may I find Isle 1?" I ask and she hands me a map... yes, a map! 

Turns out there's a Show Room that is really big where all the fun stuff is displayed (S.F.H. actually - if you like acronyms your on your own with that one). The place where you pick up your item is in another really big building. Anyway, I find my product and load the truck. Cheli says we can't have come all this way and not enter the Show Room so, we entertained a walk through the Show Room and fancied all the fine products on display.

After my long journey and immediately after evening chores I got straight to work assembling my treasure. It didn't take very long for me to discover I had picked up half my boxes in the wrong color. DOH!!... DOH!!... GAAAAA!!!

No, I did not return all the way to Renton to exchange them... nuf said.
And here's my happy, mismatched shelves. Just look at all the empty space left to fill!! Weee!
Attack of the photo bomber!
Attack of the rearranging demon. I had to move my desk across the room and now I have my own little "Kat's corner". Mine is closer to the stove, ha ha ha.
Comfy, cozy and warm.
Baaaa! Just had to throw a goat in the mix. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment