Monday, November 11, 2013

Feel'in Kind'a Goofy Today


Story time!!!So, we had a trail maintenance party yesterday...
...and were gone all day. 

Got up in the morning and hurried to get the chores done and down the road. Guess what I did?
In my haste, I didn't lock the gate. When we pulled in the drive at about 4:30 Lucy and the kids greeted us in the yard with Banjo not too far away (he's a mamma's boy even though Lucy is not his mom)Huck came out of the barn to welcome us home. [fyi- not where they're supposed to be]

I was kind of in shock, gave a quick glance to size up the scene and then did a quick goat ABC's (airway, breathing and circulation). They all seemed fine and happy so I petted them and began to giggle, silly goats.

I asked them if they had a good time and remembered to fill the tank with gas, they did. They all followed me to the barn and later that night I tucked them into bed. 

This morning's chores revealed the mass exodus all over the barn from the previous evening's partying, gross! Guess who's cleaning the barn today. Other than some icky poo and a bad grain hangover, they are doing alright.

So, I worry and went to check on them again about an hour after feeding this morning (brought my camera for fun). Upon thorough investigation, turns out Huckleberry is the only one who didn't indulge at the party last night. He's a happy, smug goat today.
Little Huck also escaped into the turkey pen once this summer and stood smugly in front of the feeder. This is the same look he gave me. "I could... but, I won't!" Haha, such a smart little guy.
They didn't seem to worse for ware, Banjo and Huck giving their adorable smiles.
Shane seems a bit sluggish.
Willow being her cute self and wanting pets. Lucy wanted lots of pets too, some nice belly messaging.
Willow, bright eyed but, Shane and Lucy not too chipper.
Banjo being a dork. He's the responsible character for the goofy feelings today. He is always goofy and making faces.
But, he can pose nice if he wants to (gotta give kisses for him to do what you want).

No comments:

Post a Comment