Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Wall!

Be suspicious of those who always have a smile and a cheerful disposition. I would know I am "Mrs. Can'tStopSmilingIfAnyoneIsWatching"! Take it from the suspicious one, there's plenty to get ticked off about... especially the wall!!

I have about 20 photos of the wall they all look very very close to the same photo. The difference is about, oh I don't know, HOURS of dry wall labor!!! [insert me here with great smile]

So, we're a little insane and have taken on the kitchen remodel with the aid of YouTube. Don't cringe you can learn a lot if you know what you are looking for... and at. Our adventure started with a list. This list is... simple. Look and see!


1) Pull up carpet to sub-floor. 
2) Move all outlets and light switches to counter height.
3) Install new light fixtures.
4) Fix drywall, re-texture and paint
5) Build and put up "pony" wall for bar and cabinets. 
6) Install cabinets
7) Install Counter top and bar top
8) Plumb for water and gas.
9) Lay tile floor
10) Hook-up stove and fridge.

Like I said, "Simple"! There's only ten steps, right?! Psh! 

As you can see from the photo we have accomplished through step 5. I guess that means we are half way there! Whoo Hoo!

Other than a few, "What the hell? That looks like crap!" ... everything is going forward (I'll go back and fix those outlets later).  


All sarcasm aside, I'm pretty excited about the progress.


Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment