Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fall Equinox - Mak'in Day

The fall equinox is when day and night are approximately equal, a Libra's happy place because we like balance. 
It's also the new moon, a good time to start things.
Today we canned and started our fodder schedule for the bunnies over the winter. 
We also rendered the fat collected from our goat. He was super fatty but super clean and healthy. I love that I can honor his life by using all parts.
Now that's some nice lard to make things like biscuits and soap.
We also made Garlic Oxymel to keep everyone ship shape for the up coming cold season.
... ready to harvest in two weeks on the full moon.
The yute left her water kefir in my care while out having fun with her girlfriends so... I "changed its pants"! I made sure to add some dried apricots for yum factor.
And I harvested the hazel nuts before the squirrels found them. Isn't it cute? Our first batch... more next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment