Friday, January 31, 2014

Snomad Blogger

It makes my day to wake up to a nice dusting of snow. I know it won't last but...
With faces like that I'll manage the rest of the day just fine. Such a pretty boy, how could you not want to kiss that face? And Willz is has such a mischievous smile, love it!
(Check out Lucy in the background... LMAO, she's in raging heat. Its no wonder my neighbor is moving.)
I'm so amazed how big Shane is, he's such a sweetie pie too!
Thought I'd share a different view for a change. There are 20 plus chickens in this photo along with 5 goats. Can you find them all?
What have I been up to the last two weeks? Well, I'm attempting apple cider vinegar from scratch. So far, it's going well.
We've been collecting and boiling down our syrup. Haven't gotten much but, it's still early.
I attempted a batch of goat milk soap but... grrr... realized I converted the recipe wrong and had to "re-batch" it.
That means I had to warm it up and add more oil to it so the lye would completely react. Of course, I could have used the bars as an acid peel soap. Err hehe
It's definitely not as pretty anymore... looks like Aa or is it Pahoehoe?  I may have wrecked it entirely. The man with the beard wanted soap on a rope so, I put some hemp in the corner for him. Hoping it gets hard or we'll be using lotion/soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment